Monday, 7 January 2013

First 12 x 12 layout of 2013 & Project Life week 1

Sadly, our year started with attending a funeral last Friday, of our boys old babysitter, who died just before Christmas. On display at the funeral tea, was a gorgeous photograph of her, that I wanted to scrap, with my memories of her hidden behind it. In seeking inspiration to scrap it, I came across a challenge to scrap lift a member over at the Studio Calico blog - this is a great way to kick start your mojo in a new year! Here is the result.

I love all the soft colours I chose to blend with my hand tinted photograph and the layering and detail inspired by Lilith's original page here. The copy of the letter I wrote to her niece is hidden in a glassine bag that I placed in one of the layers behind the photograph. This layout is going to form the right hand page of my Project Life album for this week. I am hoping that will be my new format, that's why I switched to 12 x 12 so I can integrate my layouts throughout the year. I have tried to do more of this layering, since I took the 'Pop off the page' class over at SC. I love the dimension. I have just finished my project life spread for the first week of January, 


 TFLx

2 comments:

SueB said...

Beautiful layout, I love the soft colours and stunning photo! I also adore all your recent project, and love how you have sorted out your craft room. I have been leaving comments, but they don't seem to be appearing?
Hope you get this one :) I have also had a major purge in my craft room, and it feels great!!!
Suzie xxx

voodoo vixen said...

Beautiful page and lovely way to keep the memories, those layers are fab!