Friday, 4 January 2013

Memory File album - Hubbys 50th

It seems like ages ago, but hubby was 50 in December. It seemed to arrive very quickly and because we planned a weekend away the weekend before and then a big party the weekend after, I was very busy!! I did manage to document it all in my December Daily but that is mainly why there were so few blog posts from me during December! I had taken a Heidi Swapp online class with memory files in late November and I decided to use one of these projects to make a file of photo's of hubby through the ages, to have on display at the party.
What appeals to me about these memory files is their versatility. I like the combination of products to produce albums with various sized pages and different textures.

Baseball card sheets and photostacks, mini file folders and photo sleeves, all combine to produce a great look.



The fold out flaps, the hidden elements and the various embellishments made it a fun project to make and to look at.
Other projects in the online class included this one


There was another small one 
and then I made this from the leftovers.


Very girly and pink, but I hope to use it for an album about the love for my cute dog!!
I invested in a few colours of Heidi Swapp's colorshine mist and that's where I got the idea to colour my December Daily album with the mint green. It covers chipboard a treat!!
So if you have not given Memory files a go yet, I recommend them!! (No connection, just a happy customer!)

1 comment:

shirley clark said...

Lovely album, brilliant work as usual.