Tuesday, 8 January 2013

This memory keeping lark....documenting life

Having just finished Project life 2012, I was thinking back and realised that I have documented most years since 2008, when I started this album, "Scrap Your Day" prompted by Shimelle and a class over on UKs, where we took photo's throughout the 25th day of each month for a year. The basis for the album, was a Making Memories calendar album and the interior pages went like this

The 25th of each month had a double page spread of photographs with a block of journaling, here are two examples of February and May of that year, I think I did it from March to February. 
When I finished that Scrap your day album, I had quite enjoyed it, so I bought another of the blank albums, this time with a hard cover and decided to do it as a month by month record of the whole month's happenings



I called it Scrap The Year and I usually made a collage photo of each month in Picasa and then documented the main events.
That year I also started Ali Edwards December Daily album, where you scrapped everyday in December with a photo and some journaling. I used some recycled materials to make my album.
In 2010 I took a break from this type of scrapping and got into my 12x12 layouts much more, but did do an Ali Edwards "Week in the life" album instead. 

I also decided to do my December Daily Album, again with recycled materials.
2011 was the year I was fifty and I decided to do a 12 x 12 album with a layout a week and then a month in review page. This was my title page.
By the end of the year, I had filled 2 albums, but achieved my goal and completed it!


Again, in December, I did my December Daily from recycled materials.
2012 saw my first start on Project Life, it was a big year for us in many ways. Hubby was to be 50, and younger son 18, he would also get his A level results and audition for dance school, hopefully starting a whole new life in London. Our elder son was to graduate from University. With the Queens diamond jubilee and the Olympics in London, it was going to be a year to remember. I filled 3 albums!


And made my December Daily


That's a whole host of memory keeping, but my 12 x 12 albums remained empty last year, as this took over. I still made mini albums of holidays and Graduation etc but I missed my 12 x 12. This year, I hope to do both!
If you think that Project Life might be too much for you, why not start one of these other projects. Check out the inspiration on Ali Edwards blog here.
Project Life seems to be all the rage this year, but I still do it my way. I don't buy any fancy purpose made kits, I make my own. You could do that too, just find what works for you, but keep documenting!! It does not matter how you do it, just do it!!
P.S. All these photo's are from my blog just search the relevant project to see more. TFLx





1 comment:

CoventryAnn said...

I do love to look back over my scrapbooks, most of mine don't document a particular time, with the exception of my christmas journals. I did make a 2012 12x12 scrapbook for all the important things that happened last year, am still to finish it, but I think another 10 layouts should have it done. As I approach 50 next year I might go for a half century scrapbook as a way of documenting this milestone.