Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Valentine 'Pinspiration'


We don't make as much of Valentines day as the Americans do and I love looking at some of their home decoration and pretty gifts and cards. Here are a few ideas from the net I have pinned to my Valentines inspiration Pinterest board, check them out here!
I decided to make a card from last years pins on this board, a dot to dot file, with a link that no longer seems to exist! However, I was able to right click the image and save as, then open it in my Silhouette software (or word) print it on presentation paper and then punch holes using my Cropadile big bite.
I stitched the heart with Bakers twine, stamped a Studio Calico "me + you" stamp and added a vellum arrow from my 34th Street kit from Studio Calico in December. I thought it went well on this American Crafts, Soho Garden paper as a background too!
I then got carried away with even more!



I also had a go at making a heart banner using my Cameo and dying some strips of calico with Heidi Swapp colorshine by spraying them in a freezer bag and scrunching them!





 All the shapes were cut using my Cameo and some Pink Bazzil card stock spritzed with Colourshine Primrose. I stitched some punched out hearts together using my sewing machine to make a garland and then added two Studio Calico love birds, before winding them round an antique bobbin.

 I think I am all Valentined out! How about you? TFLx

3 comments:

Jennie M said...

oh my goodness! what great projects!

jakamoo said...

Love both projects - beautiful!

jakamoo said...

Both projects are beautiful! The tiny heart garland is supercute tho!