Sunday, 5 May 2013

{Inter} National Scrapbooking day

Yesterday was National scrapbooking day in the US and there were lots of great challenges. I managed to join in with 2 over at Studio Calico.
1. Challenge to use watercolours on a layout

I broke out my sons old watercolour paint box and used a mask to create the background for this page. I also combined it with layering techniques from the Pop Off The Page 2 class by Jen Jockish. I used some of the printables from the class and die cut them with my Cameo. The lace cut from vellum down the right hand edge of the photo strip was cut using my Cameo too. I also added machine stitching and hand stitching with scrappers floss.
2. This challenge was to use buttons on a layout;


The punched circles were supposed to echo the roof tiles we saw from the top of the Campanile. I used a POTP2 die cut as a mask for the gold mister huey here too. The chipboard buttons were machine stitched to ribbon. TFLx Going to play more today too!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Great layouts, looks like you had lots of fun