Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Yay for school holidays and crafty time!

Half term for us here and I made this baby book for a colleague at work, for her baby box as she left last week. I used some October afternoon papers and cards that I have been hanging on to for ages, but you can't keep everything! Love how it turned out.
Week 18 Project life was also completed, using my first Project life kit from Studio Calico. Having a kit does seem to make the pages come together more quickly.

I also decided to finish off an altered book I started last summer. You know how sometimes you start something and it does not go the way you want it to so you put it on one side? I picked the book with a canvas cover for age without actually reading the text and it was distressing!! I stitched the pages together and decided to cover all the text with patterned paper, but the stitching did not lie flat. So, I unpicked it all and I decided to rescue this little gem as the photo's were all ready to go. (Love the ombre washi tape on the spine!)

It even inspired me to buy two more books from a charity stall outside the supermarket to start another!!
Just starting a mini album with my Paris pics from last October! Operation catch up has begun!! TFLx

1 comment:

SueB said...

Hi Caroline, lovely to see you enjoying the half term and lots of lovely craft time :)
Your baby book is absolutely adorable, what a beautiful gift!
Love your project life and folling your updates and also your altered book too, just lovely!! I have many unfinished projects I must get round to finishing.
Suzie xxx :)