Thursday, 24 October 2013

Finally got Sicily put to bed & some layering ideas


This album has been sitting around, waiting to be done since August. We had such lovely weather, I did not do much scrapping this summer, so it has been all left to do. I could not face starting my December Daily preparations until this little baby was out of the way. Everything was ready. I had selected my papers, I had been collecting embellishments from all my recent kits, that were travel related, I had my photos printed off ready and I had even prepared the paper bags that I was making the album from, so really it was just time to assemble it I was short of.
The basis for the album came from a carrier bag that we received at the Supermarket in Sicily that  had the letters Si on the front. I knew I wanted to use this. It actually mad e 3 pages.


I always like to use full 6x4 photo's some of which I trim to 4x4 for my holiday albums. That way the photograph shows the most detail possible, after all I want to remember all these views. 
I won a competition on Instagram run by Studio calico and  had been sent a lot of Simple Stories goodies, so they formed the bulk of the pages and embellishments.
I have been researching layering techniques again recently, I loved the "Pop off the page" classes i did at Studio Calico and that inspired me to create my own Layering board over at Pinterest. here.
I tried to prepare some items to layer. I cut all my small scraps of paper up and made my self a scrap box.
I am sure this will mean my scrapping gets quicker. I grouped the sizes and colours roughly.
I then got out all my punches and did lots of punch outs from my scraps to make a dish full.

Then I started layering up with Washi tape, chipboard, brads and paperclips.






Finally I added memorabilia in little pockets, essential in my view to any travel album.




The die cuts add another dimension.



 Finally, the summer is over. TFLx

No comments: