Sunday, 10 November 2013

Christmas Countdown Day 10 Printables

There are a lot of free printables out there that you could include in your December Daily or Jingle Journal album. There are lables and tags and some designs that you could resize and print at 6x4 or 3x4 to include in your project life for December.
I also used some digital stamps and photographs as well as some free fonts, to create my own.
I was inspired by Ali Edwards to create a see through title page for my album. I decided to use some digital stamps and create my own card, that I printed on printable acetate. I just opened a 6x4 canvas in Photoshop elements and stamped my digital stamps at the size I wanted and then played around with the opacity.  I taped the printable acetate to a sheet of copier paper using washi tape and then ran it through my printer, before trimming to size.
I stitched the acetate inside a page protector at the top. In the lower pocket i wanted to include gold star sequins and some wood veneer trees which I embossed with leaf embossing powder from American Crafts. I used a little double sided tape to anchor the trees inside the pocket and then added the sequins, before stitching closed with my sewing machine and red thread. I love how it turned out. 
Behind the title page I added a 4 pocket page, that had the two top pockets filled with wood veneer, to which I added some sketchy stars I cut from Silhouette gold printable foil. The two bottom pockets had my chalkboard printable freebie from Day 3 of my countdown, along with a kraft card that I stamped and embossed  with silver pearl powder. I then added a cut file from last years 25 days class over a Studio Calico. The gold foil worked fantastically well in my Cameo even when I resized the printable to fit on a 3 x 4 card.
This is how the opening pages look overlaying each other.
The sequin stars move as you turn the page but the green embossed trees are static. 
Other things you could print out for your album;
photographs, quotes, tags, chalkboard tags, alphabets, bunting, pockets and envelopes , the list is endless!
Here is a photograph I printed on to card and vellum and then some free tags I printed on to Kraft cardstock.

You can buy printables and labels from online stores too. I got mine here. You can look for more ideas here on my Pinterest board.  Here is a free printable (I designed last year) of Christmas subway art, resized to a 3x4 card. Get printing! TFLx


No comments: