Monday, 11 November 2013

Christmas Countdown Day 11 Die cut numbers for December

I decided to cut out my own number for my December Daily this year. I used some gold foil sticker paper and created my own stickers using a free font I downloaded on the Internet and my Cameo machine. I filled the sticker paper with some other shapes that I thought I would use in my album, so as not to waste any of the sheet. 

To create your own numbers, pick a font and then type out the correct number of digits you need. I do my December daily right through to New Years eve, so I worked out how many of each I would need. To join the numbers together, I slightly over lapped the two numbers I wanted to join and then selected them both, right clicked and selected "weld". I then sized two concentric circles that the numbers would fit in.
Make sure you have selected the correct paper size and arrange all of your numbers so they fit inside the cutting lines. Secure the sticker foil to the mat and load it in the Cameo. Make sure you have selected the correct paper type and adjust the blade setting if necessary, then click cut.
I am really pleased with how these turned out. I cut a couple of die cut shapes from last year's December Daily class with Ali Edwards, over at Studio Calico. I used them under my title page, by attaching them to wood veneer cards and Kraft card stock. I love how intricate the cuts are and yet they cut perfectly!.
If you would like to cut out my numbers, you will need to download the free font Maiden Orange. The silhouette file of my number stickers can be downloaded here. As long as the font is pre-loaded it should work. I also cut some shapes from the Silhouette store that look great. This one, this one  and this one worked really well. i just re sized them before cutting to fit on a 3x4 card. TFLx

No comments: