Sunday, 17 November 2013

Christmas Countdown Day 15 Stitching

Today's technique is stitching, either by hand or machine, this is a great way to add texture.
This 6x4 card above was inspired by a 'Pin' I saw to use sequins, but I used these puffy star embellishments instead. I stitched over a piece of Kraft card stock,  which I had embossed with Silver Pearl embossing powder.
I also stitched some lines. with my machine, on card to make some journaling tags.
I loved this Pin on my December Daily board that showed mini Mason Jars and I remembered I had the dear Lizzy mason jar stamp which I stamped a couple of times on Kraft card stock that I had already misted with Calico White Mister Huey. I then slipped them inside a cellophane card bag.
I then stitched around the jar shape with my machine leaving the top open. For my top 10 tips for sewing on card, see this post here.
Cut them out.Then fill them with a few sequins or stars and stitch them closed.
Other machine stitching I have done is through thin wood veneer. Use a big stitch and sew in straight or zig zag stitch, on and off the edge.

If you don't have a machine, you can hand stitch. You can uses a Sew Easy that makes holes. (Sometimes I just leave the holes without doing the stitching!!)


Or you can just use a pricking tool and stitch by hand with twine. I did with these bark stars and then added some shiny stars inbetween.
Give stitching a go on some of your December Daily cards. I don't know about you, but my Jingle Journal is getting full already with all these samples!! TFLx

No comments: