Saturday, 2 November 2013

Christmas Countdown Day 2 Stamping

The most obvious method of adding detail to our cards for this jingle journal is stamping, but lets think outside the box a little. Yes we could just stamp 3x4 cards and 4x6 cards with our Christmas stamps and create some lovely things but I wanted to take it further!
I decided to make my own stamped vellum using Galaxy Gold Brilliance ink.
I used a scribble circle stamp from a set I had from Studio Calico, it reminds me of that great vellum paper from the Dear Lizzy Fifth and Frolic line I have pinned but easy to make. You do need Brilliance ink for stamping on vellum and I have used it to Letterpress too, which I will share another day. I tried it on Kraft and it was not as bright, so I heat embossed it with Gold sparkle Can you see the difference?
Just stamping with gold on Kraft and some colour box pigment ink in white was a nice effect.
Stamping in two colours made some nice tags for my kit....
Dig out your background stamps and stamp off the edge...
Newsprint and calligraphy background stamps with Archival ink on kraft and shipping tags. You can even stamp on Washi tape with archival, which I will share in my washi tape techniques another day.
How are you with digital stamps? I bought these from Studio Calico to use with my Silhouette Cameo. I also bought some stamp material and a mat to make my own stamps!


It is easy. There is a tutorial on You Tube, but basically you open the png files in your software and use the trace feature to trace them. Then you can place the ones you want on the mat, make sure you have altered the mat size to the stamp mat.
 Carefully place the stamp material on your special stamp cutting mat and feed it into the Cameo. Alter the blade to 9 and choose stamp material as the media. then set it off.
It cut them out fine. You just have to ease them out gently, place them on a block and then stamp away!!
Here are the ones I made using Bazzil card stock and brilliance inks in various colours. My first few cards for the Jingle Journal done! So what are you waiting for? Break out your Christmas stamps and get stamping!! TFLx

No comments: