Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Christmas Countdown Day 20 Using Vellum


We have not being doing much with Vellum recently, it has fallen out of favour a bit but I wanted to include some of my favourite techniques in my Jingle Journal. This is a stamp I embossed in white Zing embossing powder. I love the white on white effect.
Another thing I like to do is print on vellum. I had some printable vellum but I am sure if you print on the draft setting and let it dry thoroughly, any vellum would work.
 I selected photographs from my Pinterest board and then sized them to 6x4 cards or 3x4.
 Some of the smaller ones I also stamped and embossed words on top too! I tried gold, silver and white.
I also used vellum to make my own envelopes for confetti or journaling.
I stamped on vellum with gold brilliance ink and then ran it through  my typewriter.

I punched vellum snowflakes for see through page protector pockets and stars that I stitched or stapled on Kraft tags.

I ran vellum through my Cameo and cut out some great shapes including the deer head and the envelope pocket from the Silhouette online store.
 I also designed some cards using shapes I had in  my library on a pre-sized 6x4 and 3x4 card size and cut them in patterned vellum.
You can even emboss it in some embossing folders.
So what's not to like? Dig out that vellum!! TFLx

No comments: