Saturday, 30 November 2013

Christmas Countdown Day 22 Die Cutting

You can cut any shape from the Silhouette store easily but you can also make your own.
I have bought quite a few digital files to include in my December Daily and they are so easy to use on the Cameo. You just need to open the png or svg file in your Silhouette software and click on the trace button then highlight the shape, trace it and remove the High pass filter and fiddle with the threshold until you get a good solid outline, then click on outer edge or outer and inner to get the cut you want.
Don't forget if you are printing and cutting, to work on A4 or letter sized mat and add registration marks. Print it first then place it on the mat for cutting and detect the registration marks automatically.
There are also lot's of freebies out there too! This one I had pinned to my Cameo board on Pinterest and I used it to cut the POW glitter paper for my front cover.

You can also design your own die cuts from any image.
This was an image I got off the web as clipart or outline and then traced it, removing any really fine details that were too fine to cut.
This one I decided to experiment with how fine I could cut and on thin card stock it worked well!
I made it 6x4 size for a pocket but liked it so much I used it for a card! I can always cut a few more!
You can also make cuts from fonts and dingbats on the web, I made these tags in Kraft.....
I cut vellum cards on my Cameo.........
And some die cut shapes and envelopes.................
I don't have many dies for my Cuttlebug, but you could use that just as well. I have also die cut the new Silhouette chipboard.
Watch out for all of the above appearing in my Jingle Journal! TFLx


No comments: