Thursday, 7 November 2013

Christmas Countdown Day 7 Files & tabs

Little file folders and tabs are a great addition to any album. Here are two mini file folders I created fro a 6x4 pocket and a 3x4 pocket. I cut them using the Cameo and you can download the studio file here for free. For interest, I stamped and embossed the words "shine" and "amazing" on them and wrapped them with twine. If you use them upside down and tuck a single layer in a pocket it gives you a flap for adding extra journaling or photographs in your Project Life.
I have added different file folder and file tabs ideas to my Pinterest board for December Daily ideas. These inspired me to go ahead and create some more.
Other ways of adding file tabs to your album is to use a tab punch like this one from Jenni Bowlin. I use this a lot, particularly for layering.
If you want to make your file tabs from more unusual material, how about using a Die like Tim Holtz tabs and tags die to cut some out in thin wood veneer or chipboard?
If you would like a thicker tab effect how about these?
I made these from a print and cut file I designed on my Cameo. You can download the Studio file here. If you then want to stiffen them up a bit with Silhouette chipboard, I have made a blank file here you can download too. I used some 6x4 cards from the Studio Calico "Double Scoop" paper pad. I trimmed one under 6 x 4 so I could put the tab on the side and it would still fit inside the page protector. One you have printed and cut the Studio files, attach two, one either side of the card with three tiny coloured brads.
Included in the print and cut file tab download, you will also find these tabs that you can fold along the dotted line and stitch onto a 6x4 or 3x4 card. Here are some more ideas from my Pinterest selection. TFlx
Sorry I did not post last night, I was modelling at a Charity Fashion show for school funds.





No comments: