Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Free PL January script card; getting ready for brush script class!

The latest class over at Studio calico is the Life Scripted class, to encourage people to add more hand written elements to their work. Script is everywhere these days and there are a lot of new collections of paper collections coming out for CHA that have script in them.
Kal Barteski is awe inspiring I have pinned a few ideas to my new Pinterest board here.
Wouldn't it be awesome to have this canvas of hers?
Whilst I wait for class to start I decided to have a go on an app called Paper 53 where you can draw with your finger tip on a blank page on the ipad. I wrote the January word and decided to make it into my own Project Life card. First I emailed the file to my PC, then I imported it to Photoshop Elements, removed the background using magic eraser tool and saved it as a png file. I then imported it into my Silhouette software, traced it and filled in the letters and the line outline with black. I then removed the cut lines and just printed it onto presentation paper. Don't forget, you don't have to cut it out on the silhouette, you can just print it and cut it out manually.

Here is a screen shot of it on my PC and I even traced it as a cut file too! If you would like to share this, you can download it from here.

I also shared some ideas in my Christmas countdown for script cards here using Mister Huey here. TFLx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh I'll be having a play with this for sure :)

Sandra said...

How funny, I just looked for that app and I'd had it already downloaded for many months lol