Friday, 24 January 2014

Project Life Organisation & free cut file

January is the month to get organised! This is my third year of Project Life and I am adjusting my storage constantly! My first year I did 8.5x11 and did not get a kit, last year I started getting a kit in April. This year I will continue to get kitsand add my own 3x4 and 6x4 cards so I have streamlined my storage as I build up a stack of little cards.
This Martha Stewart desk organiser from Staples was a gift at Christmas 2012 and has held various items last year, but this year I cleared it out to house my Project Life items.
The front section on the left is perfest for 3x4 cards. I made some colour index cards and used my Jenni Bowlin tab punch to colour coordinate the tabs. All my spare cards are now organised by colour. The right hand pocket holds 6x4 cards and tags. I used my Silhouette to cut the file tabs ( you can download the free file here if you want it) and made some index cards in Kraft. They too are organised by colour. Tags on the right. 
I also made different file folders with tabs for my go to items  e.g. a card of buttons or enamel dote, rub ons or cork stickers, items I think will be good for PL. I did habve them all jumbeld up in this back section, now I can see at a glance the types I have to hand.
On the lower shelf I have two plastic trays, one with frames in and one with die cut labels in.
In the drawer I have organised some embellishments in old business card boxes from hubby. I have my wood veneer letters, pins and clis, brads and flair, gems and pegs, along with sequins in some mini jam jars I collect when we stay in hotels.
I showed on Instagram how I was making some cheat sheets for my digital stamps.
When I buy a set from Studio calico I right click the page in the shop and save the image. I then printed that off at 6x6 and taped them into a Daybook I made here, with some washi tape. They are now all to hand! My collection is growing and although I add them to Photoshop, occasionally I would open it up and they were not there!!
My stamps are organised using the Kinsey Wilson method of DVD case organisation from SC, with the backing sheets taped on A5 paper and added to a matching A5 file from Martha Stewart. This is my stamp reference file.


My Letterpress plates are all kept in coloured CD cases to try to minimise the light, but I place them in a cupboard anyway. I actually had these in stock from the supermarket, so I used them up!

I taped a few rows across each case, using my tape gun and then lined up my plates. I trimmed the top off the backing card to use as a spine on the CD box and labelled them in groups e.g. Christmas, Project Life, circles, woodgrain.
Now I have completed 6 months of PL kits at Studio Calico, I have all the empty storage boxes.
 These are now in my drawer containing; Small alpha tags; Mini envelopes; Twine; Glassine bags; Tags and my giant roller stamp.
My desk has my current PL kit and my current stamps out on top.
I think I have come a long way since I started in Jan 2012 with just this! TFLx




1 comment:

Sandra said...

I love seeing organisation and if it's project life storage, even better. I have the Martha Stewart products which I tried last year, but I've gone this time for something I can carry to crops easily.

I see now though why your pages are so fabulous