Sunday, 2 February 2014

Altered book, an unfinished symphony

This post is about how to turn some unloved, ruined layouts into a mini album inside an altered book.
I came across some old layouts where the colour had bled out of the photographs and onto the page protectors. It was from when I used to print my photo's on an old printer. The layouts were ruined so I decided to find the old photographs on my hard drive and re print them and then trim down the best bits from the layouts to add to an altered book.
I prepared the pages in the old book in exactly the same way as I have done in the past. Trim 6 pages out, then stitch the next 6 pages together etc.
 Here are a selection of the pages I made. I think it is a great way to recover things that are ruined.I like it much better like this, as I always do holiday mini albums now, not layouts.


If you want to look at some other altered books I have made, or are inspired to make things from old book pages, check out my Pinterest board here. TFLx

No comments: