Here is the finished result! I hope you like it!
I just emptied the box and cut down the tray part at each corner with my craft knife, removing the top, bpottom and left hand side of the inner tray completely, leaving the magnetic closure side in place to shut my album.
I then taped around the raw edges using wide washi tape in an aqua colour, from a previous SC scrapbook kit.
I used a Tim Holtz large ring binder clip and attached it to the spine using the brads. You could add a spot of silicone glue underneath to make it extra secure and stable. I then taped over the brads on the exterior of the spine with more Washi tape. (I covered the front cover at the very end.)
Over on the Studio Calico website (no connection) you can see a close up of the kit cards here.
Some had references to November or 2013 on them so I simply covered that up with embellishments from the Hello forever sticker set from the Cuppa Scrapbook kit (of which I also have two!)
This acetate home card, I added stickers to cover November and 2013 and then replaced it in its cellophane wrapper along with the star rhinestones as confetti.
I used the Studio calico attacher die to cut some hinges in Bazzill card stock (Peach Glow) from the scrapbook kit. Sold Out very quickly.
Some of these attachers I glued to PL cards and some I stitched. You just have to be careful that the album still closes and the cards don't prevent the right hand hinged closure of the album from shutting completely.
Here are some other pages, with and without hinges.
Two 3x4 cards overlapped at the right hand edge and scored to make a fold out page.
A 3x4 stitched on two sides to a 6x4 to make a pocket you can tuck something in.
A 3x4 card vertically overlapped with a 3x4 horizontal and stitched together, with a hinge on the top card only.
Use the negative from the die cuts.
Use a tag with hinges.
Stick together three glassine bags that the embellishments came in and stitch down the left hand edge, then insert tags.
I even used the circles from the die cutting as confetti in a glassine bag and ran the woodgrain card through my woodgrain embossing folder for extra texture.
I stitched two 6x4 cards, I cut from the woodgrain paper, together to make a pocket and added a thumbhole with my circle punch. Popped two 3x4 cards inside.
I used two 4x4 plastic pockets to make two different pages. One I cut the hinges from and stitched it into two pockets and added my own holes with a hole punch.
The second one, I trimmed the right hand edge off to fit it in and then added some stitching and some lace.
Finally I added hinges to a kraft envelope..
I then used up my embellishments here and there on various pages and it was done. The outside I wrapped in the Pink woodgrain paper and stuck around the edge with double sided tape. I scored each fold before I stuck it in place so that they were crisp. Embellish the front. TFLx