I used a Studio Calico Project Life kit box and a Tim Holtz ring binder the same as the last album. I also needed two pieces of mount board to make a stand for the photo album.
First I located the ring binder here on the album cover this time. When the photo stand is not in use, it can be folded away inside its own little box.
Punch holes with a Cropadile Big Bite and use the brads to secure it. Tape over the brads with Washi tape to keep them secure. These will be covered by the outer paper anyway.
Check that you can carefully fold the box inside out on itself and stand it on the open flap edge. To make sure it does not slide and fall over, I made a stand from mount board.
To make the stand, measure the depth of the box tray of the box tray itself and the flap of the box. One is slightly wider than the other. Cut a piece of mount board this width and just shorter than the length of the box, so it will fit inside when not in use.
One side of the box is slightly higher than the other, so on one side of the stand I added an extra layer of card to balance it out and make it stand straight.
The box from Studio Calico has a magnetic closure, and I wanted to use these to secure the album open on the stand to, so it was nice and sturdy.
Last week I salvaged the magnetic catches from the drawers of the mini chest I made and kept them to one side. This week I am going to use them.
First of all sit them directly on top of the 'hidden' ones in the box closure. This makes sure you have them the right side up. Using a bit of coloured ink, ink the back of the magnets and stand the box on the mount board. The ink will rub off and the precise location of the magnets will be marked so you can glue them straight down with Glossy accents.
Once dry, cover with your chosen patterned paper and ink the edges.
Now choose your pages for your album. I used a Blue grass farm Project Life kit from Studio Calico and added a few extras as I did before. I die cut some attachers from Amy Tangerine paper and stitched them to a cellophane packet from some embellishments, that I had filled with a few sequins and a & paperclip.I also used the negative of the die cut and folded it around another cellophane packet and stitched to make a pocket for a tag.
I added another attacher die cut and stitched a wood veneer arrow in place too. The tag slides in and out of this pocket. Add these in your album.
Punch holes in 6x4 cards and 3x4 cards and tags.
Here I made pages from We R Memory keepers 4x4 pocket pages and stitched a pocket for a 3x4 wood veneer than added some sequins down the side. I sealed the end of the pocket with ribbon. Inn the end I had to remove the strip with the holes punched in, to fit it in the album. I just punched my own where I wanted them with the Cropadile.
I made a 6x4 vellum page and added a gold rub on. The spine was reinforced with patterned paper, stitched in place using my sewing machine and then hole punched.
Finally I covered the outer cover of the box using a sheet of 12x12 paper.
I measured and cut each piece of paper separately for each side so that they would not get in the way when the album is folded open, back on itself. I secured these papers with double sided tape. I inked the edges of the whole box with contrasting chalk ink and made a title tag.
I hope you have been inspired to have a go at making one of these. I will try to upload a short video to Instagram (cannycrafter)of how it opens and closes.
Thanks for joining me!