Monday, 2 June 2014

Step by Step Part 2 How to make the mini album from a project life kit

Here I am back again with Part 2 of this mini album, created from project life cards. 
13. Starting with this page, another watercolour card, which I stitched to another 3x4 card. Adding some attacher die cuts with machine stitching, to add it to the album.
14. As this album is about May where I have made some life changing decisions about my work life balance, I have been looking to lots of quotes from my Pinterest board. This card in the kit "I think I like who I am becoming" fitted in very well for this section. I put a black and white photo of myself on the back. Again I added the attacher die cuts. 
15. The "words of wisdom" card went well here next. I picked my favourite quote about change to write out on this card, and another on the back.
16. My next dilemma, was how to fit in all the other quotes I have turned to this month?
Using the 3 glassine bags that came in this project life kit, I laid them on the table and overlapped them, so I could tape them together.
I then slid three small shipping tags from my stash inside. I did not slide them right inside so they were hidden, I left them sticking out so they were easily accessible and added a row of machine stitching to stop them from going in any further.
I then stitched on more attacher die cuts. This page fits in the album like this.
Be sure to keep checking that all the pages are not too wide to prevent the album from closing.
To add variety, I wrote some quotes on the tags in various pen widths and then some on chalkboard washi tape using a white Uniball pen. Some extra wide washi tape with lines was added to the glassine bag and I wrote a quote on this with a Sharpie.
Here is what this page looked like completed from one side...
and from the other. I added the title "Moving On" with some alpha stickers.
17. This week also saw my hubby start a new office for his company. I charted the day using this calendar card and covered up the month of November with some stickers!
On the back, I added some photo's of the new office coming together.
This little card with a brick wall pattern on, I added a couple of die cuts to, a banner and congrats and then wrote about his new job. Another photo on the back.
18. This page, which I made from some scrapbook paper, cutting it to 6x4, with an extra strip of paper stitched along the edge where the holes were to be punched.
19. This card demanded its own little pocket! Again I used a 4x4 page protector, slid the card in and stitched up the edge to hold it in place. The extra strip of plastic pocket was decorated with some lace to add texture.
I slid another 3x4 card in the back of this pocket and added some stickers to cover the number 11 I did not want.
20. The final page was a Kraft security envelope with attacher die cuts stitched on the side. In the final album, I ended up sticking this inside the front cover for memorabilia.
Finally I went back through the album and embellished using enamel dots and some die cuts!
I hope you have enjoyed this mini album step by step and think about having a go yourself! Please link me up to any of your finished projects. TFLx
Check out more details on my Pinterest mini albums board and cannycrafter on Instagram.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I'll be trying to make this album for sure.