Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Been, gone and done it!

That's it! All over! I left in style, along with another colleague! I made this cake to celebrate and share with the friends I leave behind. 12 years at one school is a long time. I have nothing else lined up at the moment but who knows? It was a bitter sweet parting. I loved the special needs children I worked with, but when that role disappeared this year, I decided I did not want the EYFS teacher role the head teacher offered me so I walked. TFLx

3 comments:

Wrightboysmum said...

Good luck on where your path takes you. That cake is amazing :-)

Sandra said...

Give yourself time. When I first finished work I did way too much. Went here there and everywhere and spent so much time trying to catch up.

It took a while for me to get into the swing of not rushing into work, but I adore my time now. People often ask if I'm bored. I say boring people get bored, I have lots of things to keep me busy :)

Enjoy xx

Denverkat276 said...

It's sad to hear someone leaving from the role you were in, but you're right 12 years is a long time. I have a high functioning autistic grandson. I have learned to have total respect for teachers, but those who teach special needs are totally amazing people. I am sure that I speak for those that maybe don't get a chance to say this, but thank you for teaching. It's the most noble profession I've ever known. Teaching special needs children can be trying and exhausting. You obviously did well at it or you wouldn't have been there that long. I hope you don't stay away from the teaching profession, but regardless I wish you well.

I wish you good luck, good fortune and much happiness.

I will say that sometimes making a change like this, on the seat of your pants is usually the best move I ever make. I have a feeling amazing opportunities will now drop right into your lap!!

I would say good luck, but I don't think you're going to need it. I will say HAVE FUN!!!