Thursday, 4 September 2014

Mini album in Black and White

Finally I did some crafting! It has been a while! I thought I would have so much time once I left work but family life over the summer has meant that I have enjoyed it all the more! Now the schools and colleges have gone back it has begun to sink in. I don't teach anymore! My elder son has left for University to complete his PGCE and now there is just the two of us at home! When the schools went back on Monday, I felt really strange, so I gave myself a crafting day to get my Sicily album started.
 I used a grey handbook from Studio Calico and selected a muted colour palette of coral and seafoam as my highlight colours. I sorted out any Project life cards I had in those two colours and any 6x4 papers from PL paper pads.
I used my Studio Calico attacher die to cut some hinges in my two colourways. As always I like to include ephemera. 
having recently revamped my stamp storage, I used a lot more stamps in this album. I pre-selected them before I started and had them out on my desk in a basket.
 I included some pages in vellum. I made a template on my silhouette to include the binder holes, so I could cut all my pages exactly the same size and just varied the material on the settings tab. I did not use any page protectors in this album.
 I included all the black and white postcards I wrote daily on our holiday.
 I included the postcard paper bags as pages.
 I even cut some pages pout of watercolour paper and experimented with my Mister Huey masks and watercolour, then outlined them and spritzed with water to smudge.
I used old fashioned photo corners and slit the page to tuck the photo corners in. 
These half pages I used to add two photo's back to back. I stuck them together at the top and bottom and then slid them on the card.
 I tried to keep it all very simple and minimalistic for me!
 I took inspiration from my Pinterest board here. TFlx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lovely little album & good to see black & white photos for a change....Mgt.