Friday, 3 October 2014

4x4 Mini album of Instafaves

I just finished up a 4x4 mini album from We R memory keepers in this gorgeous coral colour, inspired by the Mini album class over at Studio Calico, with Marcy Penner.
I've had my eye on these albums since they came  out but only just purchased one.
There were some printables and cut files included in the class and I printed some out on card, and enlarged some to print on vellum. I also cut out some page dividers in card and page pockets in vellum.
I used a tag die from Studio calico to cut some tags in various sizes and don't forget you can embellish the tags by die cutting shapes out of the inside at the same time.
I decided these papers from my 6x6 Lemon Lush paper pad went well with this album. I overlapped the scraps of paper I had left over and stitched them across the top and bottom. I then stuck this onto the front of a card stock page divider I had cut on my Cameo. This gave me a set of pockets I could tuck the tags into.
It's great to use up all the scraps! 
I added some hand stitching 
and some frames cut in vellum that I backed with page protector plastic fro strength.
 Top tip here is to cover the plastic with copy paper to stop it sticking or slipping.
I cut some slide frames on my Cameo in gold foil card stock. 

And added some 3x4 project life cards and stitched them into page protectors with sequins.
 I added journaling by typing on vellum but make sure you back it with copy paper when you run it through your typewriter.
More machine stitching 
 Tiny slide mounts resized to 2x2 so you can see through them to the page below.
two 3x4 project life cards, one cut in half and sewn behind the other to make a page that is 4x4 for the album.
I hope a few of these pages have inspired you to have a go at few things and make a mini! TFLx

3 comments:

Alexandra♥ said...

this is simply beautiful Caroline! every page is a tiny treasure.

hugs,
Alexandra

Sandra said...

It's really gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Definitely been inspired & it makes me want to have a go. A lovely little mini....Mgt.