Monday, 6 October 2014

December Diary from your own stash

Each year I make a December album, since I discovered it on Ali Edwards blog in 2009. It has taken many forms. In the first two years I made it from recycled items and bound it with book rings, then in 2011 I made it from a recycled board book with extra pages. The last two years I have used a Studio Calico handbook. This year I fancied a change.
After the success of my two most recent handbooks in a minimal colour style and having really enjoyed my Sicily album having black and white photographs in it, I have decided that this year I will do my December album in black and white, with gold.
I ordered these new.
 I pulled these paler white and grey papers from my stash.
And these darker grey and black papers from my stash. 
 I added a tiny pop of colour with these.
 And highlighted this paper with a wink of stellar gold brush pen.
I then collected some vellum, gold foil and sticker paper.
And finally pulled these embellishments from my previous Studio Calico kits that were in my stash. (More details on my new Pinterest board here.)
It's all coming together nicely!
If you want to check out my previous December Daily albums, search this blog or click on the tab at the top of this page. 
I also have a December Daily Pinterest board for inspiration here and details of the kit I made myself for last year's album is on this Pinterest board here, along with all the techniques I used.
I am a big believer in using the stash I have. i would love to order a kit, but just feel it would be too extravagant when I have all this here. It is also a great way to use up leftovers and I like the challenge of designing it myself. More about the album and process coming soon. TFLx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I've been looking through my Christmas stash to put together my own daily December kit too, as this year I don't think I'll order a kit. Mind you I'm sure I'll buy a few new bits. Well it would be rude not too lol

Wrightboysmum said...

It looks like it's going to be great I'm looking forward to seeing it take shape.