Tuesday, 4 November 2014

December album preparation

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was putting together my own kit for my December album again this year. I have decided to photograph this year in black and white after my summer album success and use up a red 8.5 x 11 album to make some daily layouts. Here is my album cover decoration, very simple. I used a Heidi Swapp gold acetate from her Project Life page protector set and added a simple flair that says December from Hey Little Magpie along with some wood veneer numbers from a Studio Calico kit and a chipboard speech bubble from Crate Paper. I stitched through the speech bubble to make it look as though it was stitched on the cover of the album, but its actually glued on with glossy accents!
I have cut down my papers and card to the same size as a page protector in the 8.5 x 11 album as some of the pages I don't want inside plastic sleeves. I kept the strip off the side of the paper and scored it in half and punched holes at the correct place using my Power punch, i t cuts a slightly bigger hole than the normal Cropadile, perfect for albums. You can also see I made myself a 'jig' to locate the holes like I did in my handbooks before.

I intend to stitch two pages together back to back after they are completed, for extra strength and add a folded hinge over the left side to reinforce the binder holes.
I have created a layout inspiration board over on Pinterest here, where I am adding any layouts that inspire me, or techniques I want to include. Also, don't forget my 2014 kit board here where I am adding anything I am using, including these great tags I found in IKEA. They fit in with my monochrome theme perfectly!
I have printed off some of the cards from Becky Higgins Digital Hello December kit by Stampin up! to use the neutral ones. I used light printable cardstock and I can use up the left over cards in my Project Life.
Today I have started prepping a few pages, including using an ABC list for December that I pinned to my board here
I will be designing some cut files again this year that I will share like last year. Can't wait to get started! TFLx

No comments: