Wednesday, 7 January 2015

How to plan your new Planner from your stash

Last September I jumped on the planner bandwagon, with my new supply teaching role meaning I needed to keep accurate records of when and where I worked and so far it has proved a useful tool. It stays in my work bag and I record dates and times and work out my claim forms from it. But it is what it is, a work tool. I wanted to have something to help me be more organised craft wise and a sort of diary system for recording what I do each day to make Project Life catch up easier. This, I think will help me be more selective about exactly what makes it into Project Life 2015.

So I bought the Black and white stripe Heidi Swapp planner from Studio Calico, but not the class or the kit. I just want to work it out for myself.
I plan on jazzing up the pages with some stamping and stickers. I figured I wont always have time to have all my stamps around or ink colours handy, so I have organised all my stamps and selected a few tiny icons I like that I feel will be planner friendly. These I intended to use to make some print and cut stickers using my cameo and printable sticker paper, or stamp and punch, after highlighting with ink daubers (use waterproof black ink if doing this.)

Of course this necessitated my reorganising and labelling my tiny stamps into DVD cases to keep them handy!
The rest of my stamps are now in these files, a handbook or two and 2 x A5 files from Martha Stewart. Easy to flick through.
Don't forget to dig out those roller stamps and tiny wooden alphas either! Keep them handy!

I then searched my stash for anything small that I could use e.g. washi tape strips, enamel dots, sticky notes, rub ons etc. I will keep adding to this, but I have put all of these in a handy box on my desk to grab and go.
My Pinterest board here is full of ideas and printables I might use. All I need now is for the planner to actually arrive and I can get started!! TFLx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I've been doing something similar for my planners. I'm using my filiofax for my home appointments and diary and my Heidi swapp one for PL and as a blogger planner

tartantaz said...

wow, this is good planning. I am inspired by this post :) T x