Friday, 2 January 2015

The Project Life Grand Plan 2015

 I briefly toyed with the idea of switching formats for 2015 Project Life, but when I looked in this box of page protectors I had at lest 40 left, so 12 x 12 it is for this year! I have some different sized pages and some different designs of page protectors so I can vary it a bit. 
Last years albums are now complete!


Again I managed two albums quite easily and they are not overfull despite a lot of memorabilia in there!
December is always brief because I do my December daily, but there are three of four pages with the whole month compacted. This was tricky with Sergio being new to us in December, so I made an A4 collage print of the best photos from this month, so we can see how much he has grown next year.
I printed off and cut out the free advent calendar file from Studio Calico (Which actually ended up taking 4 cuts and all morning to do because of some technical hitch with my Cameo and the free file) and then I journaled behind each door for what we did each day in brief.
Week 49 had it's own two pages because it was hubby's birthday and we went to London so lots of memorabilia including cutting down a couple of his birthday cards to make 3x4 PL cards.

The gold transparencies show through from the previous week and I like it! Weeks 47....
 and Week 48.
What are my thoughts for this year? I wish my pages looked more cohesive, I can't put my finger on it. I love the process but I think I try to include too much. I will try to simplify it to the stories that matter each week, rather than a summary of our everyday life. It is really an illustrated diary the way I do it.
Talking of diarys, I am attempting a planner this year! I have ordered one from Heidi Swapp, black and white stripes of course! I will share my thought and organisation on that shortly, but in the mean time, check out my Pinterest planner ideas board here. This is how I'm thinking! I am thinking this can be my illustrated diary, where I can keep ideas and plans and craftiness together, so I can be more organised with my blog projects amongst other things! This year the blog took a bit of a backseat, but hoping to do more in this New Year. TFLx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I've throughly enjoyed seeing your album this year, and I am patiently awaiting my planner too (of which you are to blame lol)

tartantaz said...

I am loving your plan for project life. I have missed everyone for all the time I have not been posting. I am trying something new out this year myself. I have a plan of my own pop over if you fancy following it :) I hope to pop by more often this year now I have my new laptop and a plan to prove life is awesome :)