Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Week 2 Project Life 2015 Digital printable cards

This month Studio calico released some of their Project Life cards in digital format and as soon as I saw the dog card, I knew I had to buy them! I can see I will be using this one a lot!
This year I am experimenting with different page protector layouts and challenging myself to break away from my usual Design A. 
Still carrying on the mint and yellow theme of the last kit and using up some cards from December, I was continuing to keep it a simple unfussy style. Just one photo and black and white at that. The Number 1,2,3, cards are great for documenting what life is like right now. The top one is stamped with am routine and the middle one with pm routine. The bottom one is status update. I stamped with Studio calico glass slipper ink, pastel green.
I do feel the need to decorate from time to time so on the RHS I let myself decorate a 6x4 card.
Taking inspiration from the background paper I cut out some houses, stamped some windows and added the crepe paper borders as grass. I found some old trees and cloud embellishments in my Black embellishments box that were a perfect size and added them. Stamping windows inn black and adding window panes with my white pen added a homemade feel to it, as did the line of stitching across the bottom to hold it all in place. I stamped the tiny dog and the word Home and then filled in the quote "A house is not a HOME without a dog" by hand. Love it!
This is where it fits. More stamping on this page included the sunshine on the yellow card and the tiny icons on the card that is headed "around here" A couple more photos of you know who and a quick reminder of my one little word for 2015 'Live' and it was done.
I know it is all puppy related but that's what it's like around here right now! TFLx

No comments: