Wednesday, 25 February 2015

A good way to use up some Project Life card scraps

When I'm feeling brave I cut up Project Life cards!! I know it sounds daft, but sometimes it takes courage to cut into those little babies! Particularly if it's a fave one! Buying the Studio Calico digital journaling cards has made this a little more freeing, because I know I can print another if I make a mess! I always keep the offcuts in a little metal bucket on my desk, no matter how small they are. 
With the inspiration of a grid background, I suddenly realised I could put them to good use!  I made a grid pattern of my offcuts, leaving space for a small photo. I rounded corners here and there to make my design look uniform. I then realise that some of them could be used to make my title "I want to smile @ these 2 boys."
I glued the cards down and then stitched them in rows straight across and down the page, here and there. I like the random effect. 
The Thickers and a few enamel dots and some hearts punched and raised on foam dots add some more depth to the layout. I love it! TFLx

No comments: