Wednesday, 4 February 2015

How to use the Minc on Acetate

I've been experimenting again and I decided to see if heat resistant acetate would go through the laser printer and then foil and the answer is yes it does! This is a cut file design I bought from Studio Calico, you can print the png files on to heat proof acetate in a laser printer and then add foil over the top, running it through the Minc on setting 2 was enough.
I made this design 8.5x11 and then stitched it on to white cardstock with sequins inside to make a giant confetti pocket background.
Keeping it simple I added a couple of digital project life cards also from Studio Calico, printed off at wallet size on my printer. Using Glass slipper ink from SC I starred the words that described how I felt about this picture. I also highlighted one of the 'U R Perfect' with the same ink colour to match the mint green foil.
My photo was cut to a heart shape and the title stamped on a triangle to match the geometric background. 
Still keeping it simple in 2015 and I'm loving it. TFLx

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Your idea of keeping it simple makes me smile, oh I wish I had just a tiny bit of your talent xx

Sandra said...

By the way ... I'm really liking the new look blog

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Too clever for words! I'll have to try this out for sure.