Monday, 9 February 2015

On the grid layout

I signed up to Studio Calico's on the grid class on the last day, as I was not sure about it but I love Marcy's work. I then decided to pin a few inspirational ideas for grid layouts. before I knew it I 'd made some even, before I'd started the class!!
For this layout I resized one of my recent snow photographs to 8x6 inches. I then cut it down into two halves that were 4 x 6 photographs and printed them off on my Selphy.
I replaced the four corners with 2x2 pictures that I also took on the same day, that I had printed as a collage on another 6x4. 

The title is a digital stamp -Brrr day that I altered and filled in with colour. When I had trimmed them all into 2x2 squares, I measured out on the background and glued them in place. most with flat glue but two with foam squares, the title and the footprint. 
I stitched between some squares with my machine and added some simple embellishments.  TFlx

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I am rubbish at signing up for classes and then not taking part. You get so much out of them, I really wish I was more like you x