Monday, 23 March 2015

Negative space

I used to find negative space hard, but I'm getting better! This layout was made for a challenge over on the Studio Calico blog. I used tiny strips of patterned paper but kept them all to one side of the background paper, as a mat for my photograph. I hed them down by stitching a strip of paper across in the bottom third and used the title strip to hold them down at the top third. I made my journaling along the edge of one piece of paper and just added two embellishments, one, my sons initial (bold, stitched in place) and one group of 3 enamel dots to draw the eye to the photograph.
This layout also used strips of paper, I tried to keep the bottom quarter of the page empty.
This page used hidden journaling on a tag in a glassine bag and I tried to keep everything to the bottom half of the page. Clustered my heart embellishments in a 3 again (odd numbers are best) to draw a focus to the photograph.
Do you use negative space? TFLx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not great at using negative space either - you've given me lots of ideas to use up the grey paper I have, Thanks....Mgt