Thursday, 15 October 2015

Thinking December Daily 2015, which format?

I have been sharing my last six December Dailys on Instgram as I think about this year's project. ( You can search for all of them on this blog)
This year I have decided to go with a 6 x 12 format using a Teresa Collins album from We R Memory keepers.
I have been toying with the idea of using this format for my Project Life 2016 and figured this would be a good way of trying the format out.
I like the format of some 6 x 12 page protectors, so using some 12 x 12 protectors and my fuse tool I made some.
I placed one of the page protectors that came with the album over the 12 x 12 protector to get the right size and then fused along the edge and trimmed off the excess. I made the excess into another page protector that is about 5 inches wide and punched holes in a channel I created for the binding edge just like the one I was copying.

Tips about using the fuse tool:
I have improved the more I use it!
Make sure you heat it up long enough or the edges don't seal properly.
Use a metal ruler to hold the page protector still, a short one comes with the tool but I prefer my longer ruler.
Don't trim off any excess until after you sealed the protector. Its hard to fuse close to a cut edge.
Fuse on a sheet of chipboard and draw a guideline on the chipboard to help keep you straight.
The plastic does move about!
These are my album preparations so far! Next post I will share my papers. TFLx

No comments: