Monday, 2 November 2015

Let's talk using digital elements in your December Daily

I'm not usually a digital scrapbooker but I do do hybrid. In the past I have combined some digital journaling cards and stamp brushes with the Minc to produce my own elements for my December Daily album.


 Yesterday I purchased this Canyonlands cut file by Paige Evans from Studio Calico (no connection) resized it in my Silhouette software and printed it on my laser printer on some spare scrapbook paper, then ran the page through the Minc,
I also bought some digital cards from The Digital Press and opened them in Photoshop elements to convert them to PNG files. Then I opened my Silhouette software to trace the words I wanted, fill them with black and print them to my laser printer at 6x4 size for Minc foiling.
The other thing I wanted to try was typewritten journaling on acetate in white. I couldn't work out if this was possible, but I did type it and print it on my laser printer on heat resistant acetate, then run it through the Minc with mint green foil. Not easy to photograph, but here are the results! I think I will journal one day like this for my December Daily for a change. 
Why not give it a try yourself? TFLx


2 comments:

Emma Day said...

I really like the nordic designs in the gold foil and the acetate, do you mind telling my what acetate you used? I have tried one heat resistant acetate but it was too thick for my laser printer.

cannycrafter said...

@emmaday it was a Crafters Companion heat resistant acetate