Saturday, 2 January 2016

Hello Twenty Sixteen! New Year, new ideas, new look!

Like everyone I have been looking forward to making some changes and planning some new starts! I have just finished off my Project life albums for another year (my fourth to be exact.) 
I have decided this will be my last year of 12x12 as I find them so difficult to look at afterwards! You need to sit at the table to balance and album this big, so I have opted for a 6x12 album for twenty sixteen.
I have revamped my blog header to freshen things up and used this photo of my new album to inspire me through the year!
Last year I had the Heidi Swapp black and white planner and only manged to keep it up until the summer when my dad was ill. This year I was bought this Kate Spade diary, by my son, for Christmas, so here's hoping I can go further with it this year!
The 6x12 album I have chosen is the Teresa Collins one from We R Memory keepers. I trialled this format for my December Daily and loved it so I am looking forward to working with it. 
I was inspired by Kelly Purkey's work and pinned a lot of her spreads to my Pinterest board to refer to as I go along. I particularly like the 6x12 pages so I will be making some of those page protectors with my fuse tool from We R memory keepers.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I'll be interested to see how you get on with this size. I still have a few 12 X 12 protectors to use up so I'm sticking with Bihar size, but we'll see.

Sandra said...

By the way, liking the new header x

ForgedinPaper said...

The new header and bar looks good. I love the album and the stamps.

Megan Gentry said...

What font did you use for "twenty sixteen" on the spine?

cannycrafter said...

@Megan Gentry it is a stamp from Studio Calico by Peppermint Granberg