Friday, 16 December 2016

December Daily 2016 Pages 1-12

Here are the first few pages of this year's December Daily album, I'm trying to keep it simple this year. I have gone for a 6x8 album this year again from Studio Calico. I did enjoy my 6 x 12 album last year but could not get hold of any albums that size here in the UK. I have just bought one mini kit from Paislee press over on the Ali Edwards blog and the rest of the items are from my stash.


The title page is a half page with an acrylic 2016 and some chipboard letters mounted on vellum. I then stitched the wooden start on a 6x8 page as a cover page.
Day 1 is a 2x2 pocket page with various embellishments including some digital stamps that I foiled and some tags that I stamped.

The back has more bits and pieces in and then a half page photo in black and white of me baking.
The journaling is printed out on the back of the photo using Remington Noiseless font.
Day 2, the large 2 is in a see thru pocket with star confetti, the 6x4 photo is on a card underneath with attachers to the top set of rings.
 Day 3 has some hidden journaling. The red card is hinged at the top to another card underneath with washi tape.
Day 4 is about our Christmas cards this year and the fact I have not made any!!!
Day 5 is hubby's birthday so I made a pocket page to slide a couple of birthday cards in later, but also documented 5 things going on today .
Day 6 was all about the trees. I printed this photo of our 'snow tree' in the dark as a full page and then faced it with some tree facts and a collage of green vellum circles.
Day 7 was some tricky journaling that I wanted to document and a photo I wanted to hide about dad's deterioration, it paired nicely with the dove of peace on my tree.
Day 8 is another 2x2 page protector with some shots of my tree close up, printed out on vellum. I also added some embellishments in embossed vellum and foil. 
Day 9 is a shaker page with tiny red sequins on and black and white background. The nine is stamped and embossed with white stars. On the back is a photo of my sister and our festive afternoon tea treat for her birthday.
Day 10 was all about Christmas movies I have collected together this year
Day 11 was a big day as it was the local festival of Christmas and needed a few photo's. The 11 digits are stuch to a transparency and this covers a 6x8 page that has a 'good cheer' acrylic word stitched to it and a wood veneer snowflake added. 



 Day 12 I used the free cut file from Ali Edwards to cut 'merry'
 I also used one of my kit envelopes to store the review from The Stage magazine of my son in Panto in London, his first professional Panto job. The joy cut file was also free from Ali Edwards.

Thanks for looking at my first half of December. Keep it simple to keep up!



No comments: