Monday, 30 January 2017

How to record 2017

Another year rolls by and I am only just starting to think about documenting 2017. If you follow me on Instagram, you will know this year did not start well with me losing my dad on January 9th, however, I prefer to try and be positive  that we were luck to have him for 92 years.
Each year, since 2011, I have documented our year in two albums of various sizes. I have tried 12 x 12, 8.5 x 12, 6 x 12 and this year 9 x 12. Each year I try something new. Up until last year I was a lifelong Studio Calico documenter kit subber and had been for years and years, but I plumped for a change at the end of 2016 and am trying the Ali Edwards story kits.
I have dabbled with a Heidi Swapp planner before too, but this year I am giving a Travellers notebook a try.
When dad passed away, the first thing my children did was get out the scrapbook albums and this got me thinking, it wasn't the Project Life albums they were interested in but the memorable photos. So I am determined to recommence my scrapbooking this year as I sort out lots and lots of photos from dad's house. I will also be cataloguing them and arranging them in sets in Ikea boxes like I did with our old ones last January.

So here's to a new year of memory keeping. I hope you will join me.

No comments: